One of our roles as your Registrar is to support Nominet's policy on Data Quality. Download here.
Any actions you will take to correct registrant data
How you plan to validate name and address data for both business and individuals e.g. how you plan to use your own information such as billing information, whether you plan to use any 3rd party validation tools etc.
Confirmation that you will apply the data quality lock after 30 days for any data that you cannot validate.
A brief statement on how you plan to use the Accredited Channel Partner facility to delete domain names suspended for poor data quality.
Accordingly, we will proactively take steps in order to allow us confirm to Nominet that registration data
is valid. (This page documents the processes involved, as per section E.1.4 of our Registrar Agreement with Nominet.)
If we find that your registration data appear to be invalid or incomplete, we may confirm that the data are reliable based on our own knowledge or information from a trustworthy third party source
If we find that your registration data appear to be invalid or incomplete, we may
- confirm that the data are reliable based on our own knowledge or information from a trustworthy third party source (Such sources may include company data such as greg.gg, jerseyfsc.org or credit reference agencies)
- contact you and ask you to provide corrected data
- request documentary evidence showing the data is reliable (such as a passport or identity document issued by an EU Member State for ID verifucation and/or utility bill for address verification).
See also Other examples of sources we may use.
If we find we are unable to validate the data, we will tell you. If, we are not able to validate the date within 30 days we would normally suspend the domain(s) affected.
Please note that, in addition, we use proprietary data quality technology which ensures that addresses for certain countries and territories conform to the expected format for the country concerned.
Those countries/territories are
- the Bailiwick of Guernsey (GY postcodes)
- the Bailiwick of Jersey (JE postcodes)
- the Isle of Man (IM postcodes
- the UK, including NI (all other GB postcodes)
Accordingly the address shown in the WHOIS may not correspond exactly to the address you supplied us with. If you think that there is an error in your data, you should contact us ASAP.
We also review all our .UK domains periodicall and validate data manually based on information within our direct knowledge. Our resellers have an obligation to do the same which we will proactively assist, upon a request from the reseller concered.